If you’re thinking about having a relationship, there are lots of ways to meet people and know them. Apart from the old-fashioned way to meeting people in social events and parties, online dating is fast gaining popularity among tech-savvy young people. Even though online dating is a relatively new way to find your match, it’s no doubt an amazing avenue to meet your match. However, just like everything online, you should be careful when you want to meet and date your online match.
Here are some warning signs that indicate that your online match isn’t exactly what they seem to be and what can you do about it.
1. Fraudsters often aren’t specific what they want in a partner. Therefore, more people will look into their profile and respond to their request. When you contact them, the first they do is compliment your looks, instead of on complimenting on your achievements and knowing about your goals.
2. They say “I love you,” even before they met you in person. How can you tell if it’s real or not, unless they tell that in person? They may sound great on the phone; they make promises that are unrealistic, but when you meet them in the real world, you find them, they aren’t the person you thought they were.
3. Scammers don’t like the email service of the dating site to make contacts. They ask you to contact them directly and send emails using a different service. Remember, you are using a dating site to protect your privacy and from scammers. So, don’t fall for it.
4. They don’t like to answer the questions you asked them in the emails. Even if they respond, it looks like the email is written out by a machine rather than a real person.
5. Fraud online matches want to meet you, but not in the place where you live or your match lives. If you suggest them to meet in the place you both live, they decline it. They want to meet in a location that is not related to you or them.
6. Most of their conversation is about money. A person who makes a good living wants someone who will love them for who they are as a person, not because of their income or money. Fraudsters will brag about their salaries, bank balances, how wealthy they are and so on. Sometimes, they ask about to lend them money and invest in one their businesses or saving schemes and what not. If a person is really interested in you, why should they ask about your finances?
7. They don’t call you. Most are interested in sending texts or emails. They even don’t answer what you ask them. When they call, the conversations are short and inconclusive.
8. They don’t look like they do in the pictures. The pictures they posted in their profiles aren’t of an actual person. Besides, the backgrounds of their pictures aren’t real too in most cases. They take photos in from of a big mansion, a new boat, or swanky restaurant, etc. that shows that they’re wealthy and live an extravagant lifestyle. In real life, it’s a whole different story. So, keep an eye on it.
Finding love online can be a good solution for people who are finding it difficult to meet someone in the traditional paradigm. Just like most things, it can be abused. So, if you see signs like these, they might be a fraud. Don’t waste your time with scammers; instead, focus on finding real love.