Dating these days is simple, easy and convenient, that is if you prefer it that way. But, some people will argue of dating being easy or simple ranting that dating and relationships these days are so complicated, and nobody wants any commitment. It's true to some extent, but if you want to be in a real, stable, long-lasting relationship, you need to have depth and emotional engagement in the relationship. Also, there are some things that you’ll need to admit to yourself and to the man or woman you’re interested in before you can commit to a relationship.
Here are some undeniable truths about relationships people should understand:
1. You need to be happy with yourself before you can make someone happy. Of all the relationships you’ll have in your life, the most important one is the one you’ve with yourself. If that one isn’t good, none of your others relationships are going to be successful.
2. Eventually, things are going to suck in the end. If you’re expecting that your relationship will have a fairy tale ending, that’s not going to happen. The reality is that every relationship will face challenges. You’ll have family issues, illnesses, arguments, disagreements, disappointments, and so on and so forth. The sooner you be accepting to these harsh realities of relationships and reach an understanding that things aren’t going to be perfect, the sooner you’ll be settled in a committed relationship. Nothing will ever be the way you had imagined before you were in a relationship. That’s the real beauty of relationships that we absolutely have no idea how it’s going to look like in the future.
3. Most people expect way too much from their dates. You need to have a certain level of standards for yourself, and make sure that you never settle for less than you deserve. Give your energy and time to people who truly deserve it. But, some people tend to take a little too far and expect way too much from people. It’s important to be flexible and realize that no one is perfect. Sometimes, you will need to make compromises and be comfortable and accept people for who they are, rather what you expect them to be.
4. Actions speak louder than words – and they do really! Just telling your girlfriend or boyfriend that you love and care about them isn’t enough. You’ll also need to put some effort consistently to show them. And, if you do it for them, they also have to do the same for you.
5. Leave your past behind you. We all have our pasts, and more or less we are all affected by it. We are always reminded of our pasts, but we cannot live in it unless we want to repeat it over and over again. We can’t forget or discard our pasts. Instead, we need to take lessons from it and learn from it. We need to take only the good parts and get rid of the bad ones.
6. Be prepared to lose a lot before you can win. If you’ve failed to secure a relationship only after being only to three dates and you’re ready to give up, you need to ask yourself if you’re really ready for such a commitment. You see, dating is a lot like playing poker, sometimes you’ve to lose a lot before you win. But, if you don’t play or in this case date again because you’re afraid of losing, or getting rejected again, then you’ll never be able to score a relationship.