Things do not seem to work well at times, and life can get in the way of our romance. No matter how bad we feel that date is going to be or we might be stuck up in the crises, we have to think about the person who is involved in it.
If you do not have any interest, then do not agree to go out on the date at the first place. Tell them clearly that you are not interested before they invest any more time in the relationship which is not going to work out. It is known as to be a common courtesy.
How to cancel a date properly?
Not showing up or canceling a date at the last minute leaves a bad impression. So, what should be done that it won’t leave your supposed to be date offended?
- If you do not feel like going and have decided to cancel it, then let them know at least a day earlier without seeming rude. At the last moment will make your situation more awkward and will tend you to tell lies just to spare their feelings.
- Decide about canceling the date within the day, then let them know at least a few hours earlier. Make sure that it should be the time before they have started their preps.
- It is vital to give them a valid reason for the cancellation of your date.
- If you have to lie then, please come up with a proper story to make them believe. Do not tell something bogus that can be easily called out.
- If you are still interested in meeting this person, then give them a specific date and time for the days to come. This will also ensure the other person that you want to meet them in future.
- Be sincere to the person. If you expect chances of rescheduling the date, then tell them that you will plan it out some other day.
- Never give any person a false hope. If you have no plans of meeting them again, just make it clear to them. Do not keep them waiting for you.
Legitimate Reasons to leave the date:
Canceling the date earlier comes in good manners but what happens when you are already on the date? Well, whatever the reason may be your exit should be a dignified one. However, there are only a few reasons that can make you leave in the middle of the date:
- If you find that person to be extremely cruel and selfish, just leave.
- If you find your date, to be someone that they are not and they have made themselves out, then you have all the right to walk away.
- If you have an urgent call which is something very important, only then you can leave.
How to leave your date?
No matter how worse is the situation, be a big person and leave your date politely.
- A tummy ache always works.
- Tell your date that your friend needs help and you need to go out immediately.
- Tell that your boss has asked you to do something right now.
Going out on the date gives you the opportunity to get to know each other, but if you do not feel like going out or want to leave in the middle, then you can get the help from the reasons mentioned above.