It’s pretty common for both men and women to blow off a romantic interest in the first few casual dates before any discussion of having a committed relationship. If there is chemistry between the two people and one person expresses interest in a second date, the answer is yes! But if you didn’t notice any chemistry and your date didn’t show any interest, then it’s okay to end the date amicably and go your separate ways. If you see that you have a bad date, it’s better to say it now. It’s pointless and rude to wait longer and longer to respond when he or she asks you for another date. Your date will assume that you’re blatantly ignoring him or her, and this isn’t a proper dating etiquette.
If you’re not feeling it, don’t wait for your date to tell you that he or she doesn't want to see you again. Be clear with the other person. It’s important to be straightforward, as this prevents your date from having a mental outburst. It will also prevent the other person from obsessing and over-analyzing your non-communicative behavior. After all, if your date is a woman, she’s looking for love. Therefore, be assertive and tell her how the date is going and what is important to you. This person is, after all, someone who wants to find love. Be assertive and say it as it is, but don’t be rude in any way.
Here are ten kind and straightforward ways to turn down a date with someone you are not interested in:
- I'm glad we went out and I really enjoyed meeting you, but I didn’t feel any chemistry between us.
- Sorry, I thought we had a blast, but all I got is a friendly vibe.
- We had a great and fun date, but I didn’t feel a romantic connection.
- You are beautiful, but I am sorry. I didn’t feel any spark between us.
- I am looking for a serious relationship, but I don’t think this is going in that direction.
- You seem like a great catch, but unfortunately, you’re just not my type.
- I appreciate the chance to get to know you, but unfortunately, I want to honestly tell you that I don’t see a future with you.
- I want to be straightforward and respectful to you and I really have a nice time with you. But unfortunately, I don’t see this going anywhere.
- You’re nice and awesome. You deserve someone great, and sadly, I don’t think I am the right man/woman for you.
- Thanks for making the time for this date. I wish we had something more between us, but unfortunately, all I can see are platonic feelings.
If you’re looking for a perfect partner, you might have to go on many dates and relationships, it all depends on you. But one of these dates or relationships will work out in the end. So, you just have to keep dating, and if you follow all the important dating etiquette and date respectfully, it will make the whole process much easier for everyone.