Romance isn’t always about the undying love you have for your partner. It isn’t about getting roses or a box of chocolates on Valentine’s Day. A committed and satisfying relationship can make people feeling healthy and happy. But successful relationships are not born, they are made. Successful, long-lasting relationships aren't just about rainbows and butterflies. If you want to be in a happy, healthy relationship or marriage, you need to have respect, communication, and lots of good habits from both people.
Speaking of habits, you’d be amazed with the insane number of annoying, bad dating habits people have. In some circumstances, these habits have become so disturbing, rude, and cruel to the point that some men and women are opting out from the dating scene altogether. Successful and healthy relationships can be created and destroyed by the way you behave and treat your boyfriend or girlfriend each day. If you’ve been dating for some time, and still aren’t in a relationship, maybe it’s time to take a good look at yourself. If you look deeply, it’s possible that it’s your bad habits or personality that is making your dates consider not having a second date with you.
So, if you’re looking for a relationship or thinking about dating that special someone, then don’t withhold your feelings, avoid drinking too much, don’t stalk their exes on Facebook, and stop splitting your double cheeseburger every night.
Below is a list of 25 bad habits that you need to quit by the time you're 30:
- Taking a nap or sleeping on a futon
- Drinking until you are dead drunk and blacked out
- Wearing dresses or clothes that don't adequately cover your body or ass
- Staying in hostels or dorms, especially with strangers
- Obsessing over your high school or college sweetheart
- Swearing or dropping the “f-bomb” every 5 seconds
- Going to bed with your makeup still on
- Expecting a man to save you
- Expecting a man to do all the wooing
- Staying out all night
- Kissing 21-year-old's at parties
- Dating 21-year-old's or teenage boys
- Going to nightclubs and getting drunk every weekend
- Always tell yourself that you will settle down when you get older
- Staying with your parents
- Dating or being in a relationship with someone who still lives with their parents. Though, there might be some real legitimate and compelling reasons for it.
- Borrowing money from your parents or friends to take someone on a date because you’re broke and not looking for a job.
- Having multiple one-night stands with friends or strangers
- Making out or misbehaving with your BFF's at parties or bars for attention
- Making out with your boyfriend at parties or bars seeking attention
- Making out with your girlfriend at parties or bars for attention
- Obsessing or loving someone you haven't seen in the last five to ten years
- Still crushing on Justin Bieber
- Declaring an entire gender “jerks”
- Using Tinder to date or pick up guys or girls
There you go. If you’re looking for a partner or want to be in a healthy relationship, get rid of these bad habits as soon as you can.