The words “I love you” mean different things to different people. Love is more than a beautiful, emotional expression. Apart from the lovey-dovey perception, it can be painful, raw and messy. When it comes to emotional purity, it’s the most powerful emotion out there. Being in love with someone wipes all the doubts and insecurities you have about yourself, and it fills your mind and soul with unending feelings of belonging, understanding, worthiness, and support. Sometimes, real love is so powerful that it will make you cry from happiness. Now that’s a feeling worth mentioning.
How many of you have experienced that kind of love feeling? We hope you experience this every day. But, there are people who don’t, and there are many of them. So, what is the reason behind it? The reason is that you have imposed conditions on the love you give. And that of action has been embedded within since your childhood. You see how your parents and your peers showed their love to you and the people around them, and this has made you believe that’s how true love was expressed. But, true love is much more than that. So, it’s time you take a real look at what love really means.
Below are five truths about love:
- You need to trust yourself first to love someone truly. If you doubt yourself and don’t trust yourself enough, you can’t access love in all its purity. Here the love you will feel isn’t true, and when you can’t feel true love, you can’t give it to someone.
- Love is accepting everything that your partner gives you, and yes, that also includes the not-so-flattering parts. In any committed relationship, being non-judgmental, acceptance, and flexibility are important things to have in a partner. The three qualities are great ways to show your love in action, and nurturing three qualities will make a living with the flaws of your spouse bearable.
- Follow your instincts. It doesn't matter, wherever you go and whatever you do, your instinct never makes a mistake. It knows what is good for you and what isn’t good for you. So, always listen to yourself and also stay true to yourself. Don’t let others dictate what’s right for you or tell you what you should do. If you are looking for someone, your guts will show you which woman is right for you.
- Love is always there for you. Love is universal. There isn’t any terms or conditions when it comes to love. Most men and women, while looking for love are afraid that if they don’t follow their societies or families rules, it will take their love away. Most of us think even if our partners love us, they will find it difficult to continue loving us in the long run as we don't follow or act, behave or follow traditions.
- Love doesn't have boundaries. You don’t need a reason to love someone. Love doesn’t require a reason to love either, and can’t be confined in a boundary. If you want to love someone, it doesn’t matter who you are, where you live, what’s your skin tone is, or which religion you follow. Love is love; it’s just there.