Falling in love with someone is an incredible feeling. If you want to have a healthy relationship, communication, trust and integrity are crucial. And building a relationship on these qualities is hard work but not impossible. But, sometimes our emotions betray us. We might go through a rough patch with our significant others, but in the end, we all come through, forget our differences, and try to be better partners. Sometimes our instincts tell us things we don’t like to follow through, and the fear in our heart overwhelms us, and Insecurities are born. Unresolved fears can accumulate and can be detrimental to our relationships.
In this article we will guide you in overcoming various insecurities in your relationship:
1. Togetherness. The purpose of people want to be in relationships is not to be alone. So, in a relationship, it is imperative to think of each other as two peas in a pod. You’ve to be there for each other as much as you can. That is how you build trust in the relationship. This feeling of togetherness will result in overcoming your deepest insecurities in your relationships.
2. Get rid of your selfishness. Too much ego affects a healthy relationship. Ego paves the way for selfishness to thrive. Don’t let ego get in the way in being close, and intimate with your boyfriend or girlfriend. You can’t focus all of your efforts and energy on your happiness. You should share it with your significant other as well.
3. Stop thinking about the past. People have their past, and not all of it might be something to talk back home. There might be some bad chapters. Don’t bring these up. Insecurities can stem from overly relishing the past relationships. Be happy with the person you are with now. Thinking about your exes and past relationships will only complicate things, making it even more challenging in overcoming insecurities in our relationships.
4. Finding A Middle Ground. There isn’t any relationship where there aren’t any arguments and fights. Arguments can range from fridge magnet to a burnt frying pan, and can sometimes lead to many unfortunate things such as a breakup. It can also trigger tension and fear in the relationship. Therefore, try to a middle ground while resolving arguments. There is no right or wrong partner; try to find a ground where both of you can agree on a matter.
5. Paranoia is a curse, ditch it! Constantly being worried about something often result in unwanted stress and more worry. Just because you’ve seen your boyfriend/girlfriend with the opposite sex doesn't mean he/she is cheating! Your significant other is a human and humans socialize with people. Both of you have the right to communicate with other people.
6. Improve your communication skills. Communication is essential to have a committed and long-term relationship. Lack of communication might lead to bigger problems. Believe it or not, confrontation or arguments can make you honest with each other. It will break the boundaries of communication between the couple, and make them more close and intimate to each other. Intimacy in any form will have a significant effect on each other and will help in overcoming insecurities in our relationships. If you are emotionally and physically intimate with someone, you can connect with him/her that will remove your many fears and vulnerabilities.