Many people get married for all the wrong reasons. They just want to get married because their friends and others are getting married. But this isn’t the right approach. Most of these couples will get divorced because their partners have failed to meet their expectations, or they have realized that their lives didn’t get any better or happier after the marriage. Some decide to stay and remain unhappy in their relationships. They spend every night sleeping next to the person who doesn’t want to be married to them. It’s depressing and frustrating. That’s why almost half of all marriages end.
One of the mistakes people make when it comes to marriage is people getting married in their 20's. I am not telling you that you shouldn't get married in your 20's, but marriage is much better in your 30's.
Here are eight reasons why tying the knot is better when you wait until your 30's:
1. When you are in your 30's, you have met many people and probably also been in a few relationships. You know what’s out there, what kind of person you like, what your preferences are in a future partner, and so on. Besides, you have also gotten all the “bad boy” stuff out of your system by then.
2. You have had plenty time to get over your first major heartbreak. One of the main reasons men and women marry is that they have concluded that they will never be able to find someone comparable to their first partner. So they decided to settle.
3. When you are in your 30's, you are less indulgent than you are in your 20's. Your 20's are about self-indulgence. At that age, you are creating your identity and personality. When you hit your 30's, you know who you are and what you can offer to someone you love and care for.
4. As you age, your maturity peaks and your communication skills get better. So instead of arguing or fighting over small things or ignoring problems in your relationship, you know how to address them.
5. You know what you want when you are in your 30's compared to your 20's. You are not in the mood to waste time dating a woman in your 30's, knowing all too well that the relationship has no future. When you are in your 30's, you will marry someone with whom you will have a happy, prosperous future.
6. Your self-confidence is much more established in your 30's. Your heightened self-esteem and confidence will bring out the best in yourself and enhance your marriage.
7. In your 30's, you are more responsible with your finances, hopefully. One of the major causes of conflict among married and unmarried couples is money. Money issues are a major reason many young couples divorce. After all, how can you be happy if you don’t have enough money to spend on necessities or you are overburdened with debt?
8. Your career or job is more secure and stable in your 30's. This way you can direct more of your time and energy on making your marriage better than worrying about your job or career prospects.