If you are married or in a long-term relationship, you have probably heard this one before. But, as relationships and marriages are so important, it’s okay to be reminded of it again and again. You see, marriage is like a journey, and when you are on this journey, there’s a lot of work to be done. So, the more you think of ways to bring joy and smiles into your marriage, and act on it will make the journey more joyous.
Now, before we talk about how to bring more smiles in your marriage, let’s make one thing clear: it’s not your partner’s responsibility to make you happy whether you are in a committed relationship or marriage. You are responsible for your happiness. Why is this important? Because when we know how to make us happy by ourselves, life is something we look forward to every time we wake up in the morning. That being said, there’s nothing more beautiful than knowing the woman you have decided to spend the rest of your life with. A genuine relationship isn’t all about thinking about ways to make your spouse happy, but also being truly devoted to your happiness, too.
So, below are nine ways to more smiles to your marriage:
1. Before getting out of the bed in the morning, and getting ready for work, tell your significant other how fortunate you are to see her beautiful face.
2. When you get into bed at night, don’t forget to tell your partner how lucky and thankful you are to have her to be a part of your life, and you look forward to spending the following day with her.
3. Surprise your wife by bringing breakfast to her in bed, sometimes.
4. If you are going somewhere, but your partner is nowhere near you, leave her a note telling her where she can find you throughout the day.
5. If your significant other has a to-do list lying around for a few days because she can’t do them, take a look at it and do it for her.
6. Find something to appreciate your wife for every single day. It hardly matters whether it’s small or big, people like to be thanked and appreciated.
7. Tell your sweetheart what you love about her now and then. Tell your partner that you like her sweet smile, gentle voice, her sense of humor, and other good things about her. Focus only on the positives instead of the negatives.
8. Kiss and hug her for no reason at all. Look deeply into her eyes, smile and then gently kiss her lips, necks, cheeks, or where ever you fancy.
9. If you are married for some time, it’s important to keep the romance and passion alive in the relationship. Flirting is one way to being the spark in your marriage. So, flirt with her in ways that make your partner think that you want her more than anybody else.
Whether you are married or in a relationship or not, doing these kinds of things every single day can be challenging given the fact that our lives are more hectic than ever. But that shouldn’t deter you from bringing more smiles in your marriage. Simply doing at least one of the above things will make your marriage better every single day.