So you’ve just ended your relationship with your partner, and thinking what are you going to do next? Will you wait to get over your ex and will you find someone new and begin a new relationship ASAP? Some men and women believe that if they start dating again after breaking up, it will help them get over their pain quickly. But is it a good step? Read on to find out:
Merits of dating someone new right away
1. It keeps your distracted and stops you from thinking about your ex all the time. Dating someone new is the best way to do it.
2. It’s fun and exciting to get into dating again. Meeting, flirting and mingling with new people will boost your confidence and ego. Getting attention from the opposite sex will hone your flirting skills too. Also, meeting new folks will enrich your life.
Demerits of dating someone new right away
1. You risk repeating the same mistakes again. You won't learn from your past mistakes, if you rush into a new relationship soon after a breakup. If you don’t think about the mistakes which lead to the demise of your previous relationship, you risk repeating the same mistakes all over again. Also, if you rush into a new relationship, there is a chance you will dating someone who isn’t right for you. Instead, think what worked and what didn’t and what can you learn from it, so that you can have a much healthier relationship and everlasting love the next time.
2. You won’t have a chance to grieve for your past relationship. You should acknowledge the loss of a relationship. When you rush into a new relationship as soon as you ended things, it appears like the breakup is nothing to you. Concealing your feelings and never talking about them isn’t healthy. You’ll feel better and less burdened if you grief over your failed relationship or marriage. We understand it’s sad and not fun, but it definitely one of the best ways to help you get over your past relationship and your ex and move on.
3. You won’t have time to build up your self-esteem and confidence. When you’re meeting someone new, you want to feel good and confident. If you’ve broken up recently, this won’t be possible. Getting over your ex after a breakup takes time. If you really want to rebuild your self-esteem and confidence, we suggest you follow your interests and passion and do things you always wanted to do. Go hiking, take a vacation, get that promotion, lose some weight, change your lifestyle, etc. This way, you will feel confident and be ready to meet new singles.
Breakups aren’t easy. Getting over your ex takes time. It doesn’t happen overnight. Also, you shouldn’t have a relationship with someone who isn’t right for you, just because you hate being alone. The demise of a relationship makes us angry, pained, depressed, frustrated and resentful to our exes. But, it’s also an opportunity to learn something new, and avoid the mistakes that you won’t repeat in your next relationship. Hoping into a new relationship immediately after a breakup won’t help you do it. Perhaps, take your time and prepare yourself to know how to impress a girl to be your girlfriend.