Jealousy cannot always be considered to signify insecurity or weakness, but to some extent it does. The main fear a person hold is the lack of losing someone he/she loves. It could also be termed as an expression of love. Jealousy can be confusing by making you believe that your relationship is at stake where it is perfectly going smooth and well. No one chooses to upset mind and get jealous; it is mainly due to misunderstanding and lack of communication that leads you to jealousy.
Jealousy in a relationship
You get jealous due to several reasons. You may do not like your partner to hang out with somebody you don’t like and have fun, or you may feel insecure of losing the lover.
Jealousy that is caused due to misunderstanding is acceptable but irrational one is not. If you start feeling jealous and insecure due to the smallest of reason, then this is because of your low self-esteem and social insecurities. Such people, out of their insecurities plea for more love and care. This is human nature that when you start getting jealous and feeling insecure, you crave for more love and care from your partner.
There comes a massive change in your behavior. You just want your partner to be close to you but in doing so you do not get the idea that rather than bringing your partner close, you move them away from you.
Steps to handle jealousy in a relationship:
It's okay to get jealous in a relationship. Also, one should not shove it aside or brush it under the carpet. It should be properly analyzed and overcome. The best way to conquer jealousy is with effective communication with your partner. Read out the following steps that might help you in dealing with the feeling of jealousy:
- When jealousy sets in your relationship, all your lover want is your attention. Listen to each other very carefully. Watch out for the body language. Try to read out your partner's mind and comfort him/her in every possible manner.
- If you are annoyed with your spouse, say it out. Do not keep it in your heart and mind. It will only bring misery to you and eventually it is going to spoil the relationship. On the other hand, if your partner is upset, listen very carefully, even if you think that what is being said makes no sense.
- It does sometimes happen that your partner is angry, he/she stays quiet. So, look out for the signs and talk to them. Give them a warm hug or rub your hand on their shoulder. Reassure them that you are there for them.
- One of the best ways to deal with the jealousy in a relationship is to put yourself in your partner’s shoes. Try to understand their position and the circumstances they are going through from.
- Getting annoyed and aggressive in a situation like jealousy will make it even worse. Sit and talk. Reassure your partner about your love and how much you care about them.
Jealousy in a relationship is a fear of losing your partner. Just follow these simple tips and lead a healthier and happier life.