Getting to know and meeting new people online has become so easy that most people particularly women all often put their guards down, forget their common sense and expose their vulnerabilities to a complete stranger. Just because you read someone’s profile, liked it, and then met at the bar, people think they know each other and felt comfortable.
Men who are good at commuting and can connect emotionally to women can be one of the most harmful of daters. Women instantly feel a spiritual connection and instant chemistry to these types of men. Many ladies say that the guy they just met online is safe and okay, but are they? You can never know when something can go wrong and you’ve lived with consequences for the rest of your life. So, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Here are some safety tips every woman should abide while dating online.
1. Meet your date in a public place. Start with a restaurant or coffee shop. These places have enough people and can be witnesses in case things go awry. Never meet your date at a secluded place or in his apartment or home, until you’ve been dating him for several weeks.
2. Inform a friend or family member about your date, where you’ll be meeting, and other relevant details like name, cell phone number, address and so on. At the date call a friend or family member or ask your friend to call you and let them know how the date is progressing. Also, you can also use this trick to excuse yourself in case your date isn’t going well and want to end the date soon.
3. Drive yourself to the date and return home driving yourself. Having your own transportation gives you freedom if the date goes bad. Being reliant on someone else for transportation is the worst thing ever like If gives them control how long should the date last. After all, having your own car is just safer.
4. Don’t drink too much. Getting drunk during a date creates bad judgment, and there are many guys out there who are willing to take advantage of you. So, stay sober.
5. Don’t always trust your instincts. We aren’t saying that men are bad, but there are guys out there who think and act differently than what most guys will do. These guys will try to take advantage of a woman who is single and looking for someone to have a relationship. Sometimes our conscience and intuition can become blurred by the chemistry or the connection we feel when we feel attracted to someone as if like we’ve known them for many years. Our common sense gets thrown out of the window, and we act and believe everything that our inner voice tells us to do. Safety should be first and even more when it comes to dating online. Being safe is a thousand times better that trusting your instincts with someone we never met in person, no matter how much we know about them from our online conversations.
So there you have it, some straightforward and quick tips on how to be safe while meeting someone new for the first time online. Happy dating!