Believe it or not, there are real life “Peter Pans” amongst us. We all know Peter Pan, the fun-loving boy who doesn’t want to grow up. But, it is possible for a guy who is fun and can be committed and responsible enough to have a relationship? If you are a single woman looking for a healthy, stable relationship, the date men who are stable and can communicate through actions.
1. I am all about fun, not reliability. Of course, there is nothing wrong with having a good time. No woman likes to date someone who is perpetually bored and uptight. But, when being light-hearted and having fun crosses the boundaries and arrives into irresponsible and unreliable lands, it can be detrimental to the relationship. And it’s you who will feel most of the pain.
2. Don’t think about tomorrow, live life today! It’s hard to criticize someone who wants to be in the present and enjoy life as it’s today. It’s also excellent and enlightening. But, as the saying, if there’s too much of a good thing, then it’s isn’t good. Being alive and living life in the present doesn’t mean that there will be no tomorrow or you shouldn’t think about the future. Thinking and planning for the future might help a person savor and be thankful for the present.
3. Rules are made to be broken. This one is pretty tricky. There are people like artists, entrepreneurs, inventors, who have discarded societal norms, challenged assumptions and broke the rules for the sake of innovation and progress. But, if you’re someone who breaks the rules just that you can flout them, it’s totally less admirable. We can’t find anything specifically praiseworthy about disrespecting and dismissing societal norms and rules because of our childishness, laziness and disrespect for others.
4. It’s my way or the highway. Men who refuse to grow up are said to be selfish, but not fully narcissistic. If things do go as they want, they get disappointed and angry. They want all of their things to be done exactly as they want, on their terms. If not, then forget it. Being selfish and self-centered can be a road block in the path of finding true love.
5. I don’t care. It doesn’t matter. These lines might seem innocent and light-hearted at first, but the thing is it does matter, and some things are a big deal. Sure, we don’t have to be serious all the time. The same can be said that we can’t always take things lightly. There is a time and place for that kind of attitude, but some guys take the lines, “I don’t care, or It doesn’t matter, or whatever”, as the motto of their life, and the end result isn't always pretty.
When it comes to dating and relationships, the future in most cases is uncertain. It’s impossible to predict the future accurately. If you’re looking for a relationship, finding someone stable and responsible is imperative if you want to have a healthy and long-lasting relationship. Besides, having fun and being light-hearted makes being in a relationship a lot more enjoyable.