There has been research conducted by late psychologist Alfred Adler, who speculated that an individual’s personality, temperament, and habits are significantly shaped by his or her position in the sibling group. Various studies show that the birth order greatly influences a person’s education, career, earning capability and much more. This brings us to the topic of firstborns and whether they make great partners.
Here are 12 reasons you should consider dating a first child. So read on and decide for yourself:
1. Firstborns are intelligent, and they know how to use it. Men and women who are firstborns tend to have a high IQ and reach higher levels of education than their siblings. As they highly and better educated than their siblings, firstborns typically have a high earning potential. In fact, it’s been reported that firstborns make at least $100,000 extra annually than their siblings.
2. Firstborns are the movers and shakers in the family and society. They have a high drive for success, and usually fill most leadership roles and positions in education, business, and the military. Firstborns also have strong leadership abilities. As the oldest child of his or her siblings, these people aren’t scared to face challenges or take charge.
3. If you marry a firstborn, he or she will help you with domestic duties. Why? Because firstborns often are given lots of responsibility by parents like taking care of younger siblings, doing chores, etc.
4. Firstborns are self-motivated. They have immense desire to please and achieve personally and don’t need many external incentives to get going.
5. Firstborns got an early head-start when it comes to spending quality time with his or her. The first child will usually get an approximately 3,000 additional hours from their parents than the next sibling between the ages four to13.
6. Firstborns are confident. As firstborns, they got all the attention from their parents and praises as well. They also have high self-esteem and self-assurance than their siblings as they didn’t have an older sibling to mock or make fun of them.
Firstborns are goal-oriented. Because, they’ve witnessed their parents celebrating their every first milestones.
8. If you’re dating a firstborn, you might be dating the next president or a future astronaut. 64 percent of all U.S. presidents are firstborns. Meanwhile, among 23 of American astronauts who went to space.
9. 21 of them were firstborns, while the remaining two astronauts were the only child of their parents. Also, all seven astronauts were firstborns in the original Mercury program.
10. Usually, firstborns are seen as responsible and reliable. They have developed and honed these qualities by taking care of their younger brothers and sisters, and have taken up grown-up skills and tasks early on.
11. Firstborns always strive to become role models. As the leader of his or her sibling group, all younger siblings look at them as examples school, home, and work.
12. Firstborns are typically thinner and taller than the rest of his or her siblings. So, if you guys looking for a lady with a slender physique, and all you ladies, who have soft corners for tall guys, now you know whom to date!