Being appreciative of your spouse on a daily basis is an effective way to shield your relationship or marriage from most calamities such as infidelity, breakups, taking space, etc. Of course, there are no guarantees. Because that’s how things in life work including love. By being your best and doing all you can to be good to your partner, and making them feel good, at least once a day, is an excellent way to protect your relationship from anger, resentment, disappointments and bolster long-term fidelity. Because let’s be honest, one of the main reason why spouses cheat is that they don’t appreciate each other anymore.
It’s pretty common to see many couples whose relationships are on the brink of destruction mainly because they are not feeling appreciated by their partner. When you’ve been married, or in a relationship for a few years, it’s easy to take the other person for granted and forget how important it is to keep appreciating your partner to keep the romance in the relationship alive and thriving.
So what can you do to let your girlfriend know how grateful and appreciative you’re of her for everything that she does?
The first thing you need to do to progress in this direction is to think about all the special things that your significant other does for you. Consider making a list of not only physical stuff such as doing the dishes, making your favorite dinner, feeding the dog, or taking out the garbage. Think about the way that she’s sensitive to your feelings. Does she make an effort to be respectful to you in front of your friends or the kids? You don’t always have to make a grand gesture to show appreciation to your partner. Sometimes, it’s the small things that make the biggest impact and help define our relationships. Once you’ve got all of these things together, appreciating your partner will be easy for you.
Anyways, here are five ways to show appreciation in your relationship:
- Make a habit of always saying, “Thank you” to one another, each time that your spouse does something thoughtful or beautiful for you.
- Compliment each other whenever it’s possible. Everyone likes to have positive reinforcement. Complimenting your spouse for doing something kind and generous will surely let your partner know that you appreciate him/her.
- Think about doing something that’s important to him or her. For instance, you can surprise your girlfriend or wife by giving her roses, flowers or gifts for no particular occasion. This will make her feel very appreciated and special.
- If you happen to have any habits that annoy each other, make an effort to work on it, so that your spouse knows that you’re sincere and mindful of his or her feelings. For example, if you notice that your girlfriend or wife becomes annoyed when you talk on your phone while having dinner, then consider turning off your mobile phone during that time.
- When you’re in a relationship or dating, remember to say “I love you” to your partner with your feelings and meanings. This might be a trivial thing, but it can make an enormous impact on your relationship.