A relationship is not a product which we can buy by bargaining. It is the conjunction of two human beings forever. If you have a partner you don’t want to lose you have to be careful of him or her. But it is not that you need won't ask anything to your partner. So know about how you talk about the future in the relationship. There are some ways you can perfectly start a conversation about your relationship with your partner:
Why you or your partner want to start a discussion is probably both of you want to know about each other, or you have some questions relating your partner. There are many points may to discuss in a relationship likes- Do you want to get married? Do you want to have kids? How many kids do you want? Who will be liable for financial matter? Your partner is not your enemy he or she is your most beloved person. So when starting a conversation, take care of your partner as follow:
1. By taking care of your partner. If both of you are going to have a serious discussion about the future of your relationship, just put your phones away. It is a decent thing you could do for your partner just like when you are working. It’s best not to get distracted. It shows your partner that you care him/her and you are serious too.
2. By listening than talking. Listen to what your boyfriend or girlfriend is saying because you want to know your partner deeply. As a good listener, you can discover a particular problem that your partner is having. If you have any worries or concerns, you clear them up the right way. You will understand your partner from active listening.
3. Don’t feel hurt by what your partner is saying. When you are talking about the future in a relationship, sometimes it doesn’t go the way you want. So you must have preparation for that. When you are listening, don't start bargaining if you hear something that you don't like. Remember that it's hard for someone to be completely vulnerable in this situation. Keep your facial expressions as loud as your words. To understand a person you need a lot more intellectual and emotional work than judgment does.
4. Be completely honest. Be entirely honest while having a conversation with your boyfriend or girlfriend. Speak your truth with clarity, love, and gentleness. If you dodge the truth out of fear of how it will be received, you are only building bigger walls in your relationship. The more you are honest, the healthier your relationship tends to be. You will see very positive changes in your relationship.
5. Know more if there’s still confusion. Don't be afraid of asking questions. If you are still concerned about a previous statement or matter, repeat what he/she said and ask him/her to elaborate so you can get a clear understanding.
6. Don't think it's too late. If you're scared to speak up, then you hurting your relationship as well as hurting yourself. Take the time to think what you want to talk in a casual conversation. When couples consistently disagree with each other, they run the risk of never having the chance to resolve the underlying dispute.
When you’re dating someone or in a relationship, we aren’t saying that it is easy to talk about the future, but it's important to be in the same boat with your partner. Take a moment to gather all your thoughts, and dive right in. Not only be honest buy also be romantic, but this will also be appreciated!